Friday, March 20, 2009

IDR is Gaining this Week


As what I have predicted last week, the IDR support at 12000 level would be an ideal point for a reversal. IDR closed this week at 11.870 per dollar. The weakening of USD globally is triggered by the Fed plan to spend 1 trillion USD to buy corporate and government debt so that it would be able to reduce borrowing rate. In Indonesia, the JSX also gained this week as I already predicted due to the increasing demand from the foreign investors. The yield on Indonesia's 10 year bonds is arround 12% which is about 10% higher than USA bonds, hence investors are exchanging their USD to get a higher yield in IDR. With the risk appetite improving, I would expect the IDR to keep its strength relatively to USD for the coming week. Any other opinion ?

2 comments:

JZAC said...

Hey, check out my blog for some free unique meta trader downloads http://fishingformoney.blogspot.com/2009/03/trading-indicators-for-meta-trader.html

Unknown said...

Wonderful publish. I just found your web site and would prefer to say that I've certainly cherished reading via your weblog posts. At any charge I'm heading to become subscribing to your feed and that i truly hope you publish again quickly. Web Designing Karachi